Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to school

Ashtin started preschool yesterday.  It doesn't seem possible.  Of course he absolutely loved it and already made a new friend.  Here is a picture of us before we left:
I also took my camera with me to his school because I stayed with him for the first day - although he didn't even notice I was there I think :)  Here are a few more school pics:
Gavin also started school on the 27th of August.  He is very happy to be back and loves his new teacher and has a lot of neighborhood friends in his class.  He is a big second grader now and seems to be maturing a little.  He is getting so tall and is still very lean.  Here is a picture of him on his first day:
Gavin turned eight on the 23rd and Rob took him and 2 buddies to Six Flags for the day.  I have pictures from that day that Rob took but he took a disposable camera and I have to actually scan the pictures in and I haven't had time.  Here is a picture of Gavin eating his huge lollipop he got that day:
Rob had a day off yesterday and he took Ashtin and Landyn to Emricson Park and the boys had a blast!  I got a whole hour in the house by myself - I cannot remember the last time that happened :)  Here are some pictures from their trip - it was such a beautiful day yesterday.
Then Ashtin told Rob he wanted to go to the baseball field and he was just fascinated with it.  Rob took a really cool picture of him taking it all in - I called this pic "Field of Dreams" :)
Then, for your viewing pleasure, I now present you pictures of "Super Ashtin".  There was a whole day when Ashtin would NOT take off his Superman cape and Rob happened to snap a picture of him with no pants on and his cape - that one will definitely be on his graduation board when he's 18! 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

how funny is that last cape hiney shot...
and wow, landyn's eyes are SO BLUE... and Gavin looks so excited to go to school...
these photo are awesome, thanks for sharing.
:) Lynn

Katie said...

Cayute pics!

My boys go through cape phases too. #2 is on one right now and walked around with his cape in the Mall of America over the weekend.

I'm jealous of your alone time in the house. I don't think my husband has EVER left with all 4 kids. EVER.

I do leave the house without kids, but I don't think I've been home alone...